Business Analyst- Data
Fantastic opportunity for a Business Analyst to join a large and established big brand Australian finance institution.
- Large Tier one organization.
- Excellent work environment and culture
- Hybrid role WFH/Office
- 6 months immediate contact with strong possibility of extension
Top-tier finance organization is looking for a Business Analyst to work on some of their upcoming major data focused projects. This role offers the opportunity to join the business as they enter a strong growth phase which means of opportunity to grow your career. Work with stakeholders to perform deep dives, discovery, and gap analysis on the As-Is / To-Be state of data centric solutions, allowing for effective review by team members and impacted stakeholders. Write high quality user stories and acceptance criteria for functional and non-functional/technical requirements
- This role will be providing business analysis services in enhancing existing and establishing new Data Foundational Service Capability, including around the areas of:
- Data Management and Automation,
- Operational Reporting and Analytics
- Messaging, Mediation and Distribution
This role will be working with a Senior Program Manager to create the business case for these new or uplifted services.
Skills & Attributes Required
- Previous experience as a Business Analyst in data and integration projects.
- Experience in data projects including data analysis, data warehousing, data modelling, data governance and mapping
- Experience with Data Management practices (Data cataloguing, Data Quality, Data Lineage capabilities, Metadata Management)
- Knowledge of industry messaging standards, data platforms, products and migrations
- Experience with operational reporting and analytics (Dashboarding, Self-service visiualisation, machine learning & AI)
- Good communication and team management liaison skills
- Previous experience working in the finance industry would be beneficial but not essential
- Demonstrated track record working with traditional data warehousing, ETL tools and database technology (SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Netezza, SAP Data Services, Tibco Spotfire/EMS, Tableau, Kafka, Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services)
- Experience in data analysis, modelling and mapping between systems
- Experience in business process modelling using software such as MS Visio, Lucid Charts or Gliffy
- Experience using Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence
What's in it for you
- Join a recession proof business which has rolling contractors working on large projects
- Great team and work culture.
- Work on ground breaking ''data as a service'' project
- Data Centric – a passion for large scale data platforms and systems and best practice in this field
- Ability to see the ‘big picture’ - behind initiatives and to consider broader team and organisational objectives, while bringing a commercial and customer-centric mindset
- Strong pipeline of interesting and rewarding work
If this sounds like the right fit, please apply or reach out to Mandar at email@example.com