Experienced Cloud Services Product Owner required for an exciting contract role within a large NSW Government department.
6 month contract
$950 per day plus super
Chatswood and WFH
About the role:
The Cloud Services Product Owner is responsible to define and ensure delivery of the roadmap for assigned cloud solution(s), this includes Products, Services, Platforms, and capabilities. The role will work as part of a shared leadership model and will be responsible to identify, document, prioritize and communicate the work that the engineering teams will deliver based on business demands. This role will also be responsible for maintaining service descriptions, standards and specifications, and management of agreed service solutions and outcomes.
- Lead and own all elements of product lifecycle for allocated Cloud Services, including: customer demand, feedback, roadmap planning and prioritisation, development, continuous improvement, knowledge and any other related dependencies
- Manage the build, edit and maintenance of the product backlog, which encompasses all epics, features, user stories and defects, and takes into account input from stakeholders.
- Lead the iterative delivery and development of Cloud Services Products, Platforms and Capabilities and responsible for ensuring backlog is ready for iteration planning, acting as the subject matter expert on the details and priority of all items in the backlog.
- Provide subject matter expertise and oversee the operations of the product lifecycle this includes Service Level commitment and monitoring, fulfilment, incidents and bug management, change management, optimization, stability, security and escalation management.
- Partner with engineers and delivery team to ensure deliverables are defined properly with appropriate acceptance criteria and ensuring final accepted products are of the highest quality and are delivered efficiently utilising a data driven approach.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships with customers, vendors and business and infrastructure teams to ensure the product backlog aligns with the product strategy. Manage and publish roadmaps to ensure stakeholders are informed, actively involved in team demos and retrospectives, accepting quality work while ensuring constant process improvement.
- Maintain all financial aspects of products, platforms and capabilities including: Costs Ownership, Cost modelling, billing, monitoring and reporting in alignment to budgeting
- Establish and execute successful adoption and communication strategies ensuring customer feedback channels and positive service interaction
- Demonstrated experience and a record of achievement in Enterprise ICT Cloud Service delivery and operations in a large and complex service environment, including relevant qualifications or equivalent demonstrated experience. This includes extensive knowledge and experience across Cloud technology and Service Providers. Including Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
- Demonstrated experience with Product Lifecycle management and Operations with experience in leading multidisciplinary delivery teams for large/complex ICT Services.
- Demonstrated organisational skills and experience working in a high volume and changing professional environment with a capacity to prioritise, multi-task, achieve business goals, perform and always work with a customer focused approach.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, negotiate and influence key stakeholders and customers, make decisions with input of leaders, technical teams and key stakeholders, and the ability to mediate opposing viewpoints, articulate the advantages of standards in a technical environment to achieve optimal business outcomes.
- Experience working proactively to anticipate problems before they occur; defines the problem; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across; ability to communicate complex, technical concepts to executive staff, business sponsors and technical resources in clear concise language through discussion, presentations and briefs.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to manage multiple projects, and show continuous improvement, quality methodology and project/operations delivery skills.
- Strong Analytical skills including the ability to analyse and interpret complex information from numerous sources, prepare and present analysis and reports, deal with challenges creatively and achieve business focused solutions.
If interested please apply today via the link with your updated resume in a Word Document to Melissa Allison at The Recruitment Company.