The Senior Planning Compliance Officer role is integral to the efficient delivery of school projects, with a particular emphasis on State Significant Development (SSD) Conditions of Consent and planning compliance regime for project delivery of infrastructure. The role is fast paced, supports project delivery teams with planning and compliance matters, educates on how projects can comply and is a primary interface between two Gov departments. The exposure to a range of projects keeps the day to day interesting.
- Identify, critically analyse and evaluate key compliance and planning issues and recommend options, solutions, practices and processes that enable timely responses to enquiries and ensure compliance with planning consent conditions.
- Monitor compliance at a project level and provide advice on emerging compliance trends across the portfolio.
- Conduct pro-active desktop reviews and site inspections to ensure compliance with development consent conditions and recommend actions to bring projects into compliance should breaches occur.
- Provide specialist advice to internal and external stakeholders on compliance issues where requested.
- Participate in business improvement initiatives including the development and maintenance of team systems, policies and business process to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in the development of policy to improve business processes to ensure compliance with development consents and to achieve the desired outcomes for schools and the community.
- good communication,
- understanding and interpretation of consent conditions preferably SSD and ideally with a Town Planning Qualification.