- Contract: 12 months (possibility to extend for the right person)
- Pay Rate: $45.00 p/h + Super
- Location: Work from home 3 days and CBD office 2 days
- NSW Government
About the role:
The Research Officer within the Data, Operations and Reporting team undertakes data analysis and reporting activities to deliver insights to stakeholders to support strategic planning across this government department.
You responsibilities in the role:
- Conduct research, analysis and reporting to deliver key insights and findings to various stakeholders via reports, snapshots, briefings and presentations.
- Undertake and support the delivery of stakeholder enquiries, ensuring high quality and relevant data and information are provided in an efficient and proactive manner.
- Contribute to the production of high-quality research reports and publications for distribution.
- Provide analysis, exchange information, consult and collaborate on key visitor insight initiatives and projects.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure both the government angency requirements and visitor economy strategic objectives are met.
- Liaise with tourism data suppliers on data issues and enquiries.
- Proactively keep up to date with issues that may impact the Visitor Economy and actively participate as team members across the government angency, contributing to and undertaking special projects and activities, as required.
- Update and maintain records and databases, complying with administrative systems and processes, to ensure that all information is accurate, stored correctly and accessible.
- Tertiary qualifications in statistics, economics, behavioural science or equivalent and/or demonstrated equivalent experience
Required knowledge and experience:
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience as a Market research officer with data analysis.
- Ability to source, extract and analyse tourism and other secondary data sources.
- Sound experience in undertaking quantitative research and research operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a range of analysis and reporting techniques, technologies and tools including software such as SPSS/Q, Advanced Excel & PowerPoint.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills and experience liaising with various stakeholders, as well as preparing and delivering user-friendly research reports tailored to various audiences.
Benefits of contracting through The Recruitment Company:
- Best Agency to Work for in Australia 3 years in a row (Great Place To Work)
- A dedicated Contractor care manager for you
- Over 1000 positive reviews – 97% say we’re ‘exceptional’
- Award-winning contractor benefits package
- Leading NSW Government supplier since 2004
- Discounted training and certification
- We can cover you for PI and PL insurance
- The BEST Christmas in July party in Australia
How to apply:
Click APPLY and send your CV to Dervla who is recruiting for this role.
Due to the immediate start, we will submit CV's as they come in, send your CV now to be considered.