- Galway based – Hybrid working
- 12 Month Contract - €400-€450 per day
- Financial Services Company
We are working with a Global financial institution that is transforming the financial industry through inventive solutions. The success of our client is propelled by a skilled team of professionals, and they are currently seeking a Senior Data Engineer to become part of their dynamic and forward-thinking team.
The primary responsibilities of this role are developing large scale data efforts tied to the Cloud including moving data to new Cloud based solutions, building data lakes and using Python, AWS, Snowflake and other data driven technologies to accomplish this.
The Expertise We're Looking For:
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Oracle SQL & PL/SQL.
- Proficiency in data analysis.
- Experience in SQL and PL/SQL performance tuning.
- Exposure to Agile development practices.
- Familiarity with logical data modeling and relational database design.
- Beneficial experience in data movement and ETL (preferably Informatica).
- While the role is database-focused, experience in Object-Oriented Software development (particularly with Java and/or Python, Spring Boot, and familiarity with ORM frameworks) would be advantageous.
- Working experience with AWS, Containerization, associated CI/CD pipelines, Lambda development, Unix scripting, and AutoSys skills would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing and Snowflake experience would be advantageous.
- Design of REST APIs and understanding of microservice architectures and twelve-factor application development are pluses.
- Experience with a source control system.
- Ability to collaborate with project teams in multiple geographic locations.
The Value You Deliver:
- Contribute to the delivery of high-quality, timely, cost-effective, and maintainable software solutions in an agile environment.
- Adhere to good engineering practices such as test-driven development, code and design reviews, Oracle xplans, CI/CD.
- Independently deliver complex technical features.
- Communicate effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrate a positive, collaborative attitude while delivering individually.
A great opportunity to join a global financial services company and work in a fast paced, fun environment!
Don’t delay, Apply today!